
I recently went to Nepal to speak at a Pastors and Leaders Conference, where the food was great and the people were so welcoming (can’t keep up with the amount of welcome scarves I received). However, if I were to outline Nepal in just a short phrase it would be “The 3 P’s”. Pollution, Poverty and Political upheaval. When you go to a country like Nepal, it makes you really appreciate living in a country like ours.
The organiser of the conference, Ps Raju Sundas of Hosanna Church Ministries, was deeply affected in 2003 when he visited our church on a Sunday night and went home and made radical changes to his own church in Kathmandu – he brought chairs into his church, started using multimedia, and brought in modern musical instruments. Since then he has seen tremendous growth in his church.
I felt it was a great opportunity to be able to train and equip the Christian leaders of Nepal. There is a hunger and passion amongst the pastors to see the church grow and to see the impact of God in their communities - especially now that the laws have changed and Christianity is more accepted than before. Some people rode bicycles for up to 40 hours, and some walked for over 18 hours just to attend the conference!
I feel the country is currently experiencing birthing pains and it will be interesting to see how we as a church will be able to help the Christian churches and people of Nepal as they move into the next stage of what God has for them.
Not too sure when I will be back in Nepal, but for now let’s keep them in our prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment